Monday, August 4, 2008

Football, Where Are You?

It's the beginning of August, and that can only mean one thing; the start of football season is around the corner. So far it has been six months(!) since there was a meaningful game, and like many people around this country, my (probably unhealthy) addiction to the game is in full withdrawal. Since college football is the embodiment of the game's purity for me, I still have to wait another three weeks or so before Oklahoma begins their march to an eighth national championship. Until then, I have to get my fix somewhere, somehow. And to what lengths have I gone? Not only have I attempted to watch AFL games (which is not real football, IMHO), I have actually been watching Sportscenter with bated breath for Canadian league highlights (don't get me started about NFL pre-season games). Not exactly passed out in a gutter in Tijuana missing my pants and wearing a blond wig, but probably not far from it.

No comments: