Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Summer Already, But...

...it's not 100 degrees yet here in the desert. What gives? Sure, I enjoy highs in the low 70's just as much as the next guy, but the lack of heat this late in the year has me worried. Not because my electricity bill has appreciated the air conditioner sitting idle. Rather, because after growing up in the Midwest, a cool start to the summer usually means only one thing: the rest of the summer is absolutely miserable. And when you are in the desert, that means 115+ degrees. At least there is no humidity, and it cools down at night. But still; 115 degrees is 115 degrees no matter how you slice it.

1 comment:

Megan McClendon said...

It's hot here too, but only due to the humidity. We're hovering around 85-90 with sick humidity. I suppose the mild spring and the 9 days in Maine had me forgetting what summer feels like.