Guess what kids? We have entered the second decade of the 21st century. Before we can begin, however, a little housecleaning is in order for 2009. Since I was not on top of updating my blog for most of the year (shocker!), this post will serve as the Reader's Digest version of another great year.
- Flabongo Bowl: I spent Valentine's Day in Phoenix with a bunch of kickball friends drinking. The only thing lacking was bagging an Arizona State co-ed; all the more reason to go back sometime.
- Kickball: We secured yet another bid to the national tournament in what is becoming almost a routine achievement. Also, our regular season unbeaten streak came to an end at 20+ games. That didn't matter because we won our first post-season championship.
- I was best-man in my little brother's wedding. It was miserably hot (106 degrees with 90% humidity), I had to deal with over 12 hours of flight delays, but it was well worth seeing him happy. Oh, and I delivered a killer toast.
- In September I went to Germany & Austria for two weeks and fell in love (with the country). Oktoberfest was epic, the food & beer was amazing, and the people were cool. A return trip is order, with a little more self-control being exercised during Oktoberfest.
- In October I went to Vegas twice: first for kickball nationals, then two weeks later for a bachelor party. Needless to say, I spent a good chunk of change and had a good time. And I'm still convinced that stripper wanted to run off with me...
- I went ice skating for the first time ever on Thanksgiving Day in Pershing Square. Despite wearing skates that were two sizes too small, only one fall was witnessed, resulting in a small bruise. It was fun but served as further proof that large individuals do not belong on recreational slippery surfaces.
- The Yankees won their 27th World Series. Oklahoma lost another National Championship game, then proceeded to lose five games during the regular season. The US soccer team came within a half of winning their first major cup and Junior completely self-destructed. It was once again a roller coaster ride for my sports teams.
Overall 2009 was a pretty good year. Hopefully 2010 can live up to the hype.